Suggest a topic or lightning talk for the Information On Demand 2012 Technical Unconference

Title: Horizontally Scalable Database & Application Architecture Deployment

Subtitle: Leveraging IBM DB2 pureScale With IBM Power System's PowerVM Virtualization
Abstract: For deployment of many applications, it is a challenge to properly size the database server along with the business logic server CPU & memory requirements. When using the cluster scalable DB2 pureScale database server solution on the IBM Power System server platform supporting PowerVM virtualization, it is possible to define a building block approach to simultaneously add both database server capacity along with application business logic server capacity. This session will describe a deployment option for the horizontally scalable Enovia V6 PLM application from Dassault Systemes as an example of being able to leverage this building block approach using DB2 pureScale on IBM Power System servers.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Debby WelkerDebby Welker shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Philippe Sainte-MariePhilippe Sainte-Marie commented  · 

I think it's great. I like the idea of tying ENOVIA V6 and the DB2 pureScale to show maximum flexibility in the deployment. Nothing worse than deploying a PLM solution and be uncertain about the sizing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base